Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Malaysia Pulau Langkawi 1/09 - 7/09

I took a bus from Kao Lak to Sarut Thani and from there I took a bus to Satun. I arrived in Satun at 3:30 AM in the night. I had to go with all my backpack and bags on a motorcycle to find a hotel in the night. Of course the one hotel that was still open told me they only had one room available of the highest price...bullshit but what can I do I have to get a room and off the street in the night, so I payed. The next day I took a taxi to the border cause there were no buses. At the other sight of the border in malaysia there were nor buses nor taxi's, but luckily malaysian people are so kind and they offered me immediately to drive me to the ferry terminal. I had no malaysian money yet so I had to find a bank that could change my TB into MR (malaysian ringit). Apparently it was a holiday so the banks were closed. A malaysian helped me out and searched a bank with me on the motorcycle. When we didn't found one he called up a friend who could change my money, so I happily got Ringit to buy my ticket for the ferry. Malaysian people are so friendly and helpful! They do ask a lot where my husband is :). They are surprised that a woman can travel alone by herself without husband or boyfriend. It's still mostly a muslim country. It's still strange to me to see burka's and nikhabs.

So I finally arrived at Pulau Langkawi in the evening of 1/09. I am staying at Gecko Guesthouse which is owned by a British woman. It's really nice here! I love this island, it is stunning and there is so much to do. It's a really amazing atmosphere of relaxing and lay back sabai sabai. The first day I just swam in the sea and got tanned at the beach....The next days we took some tours. I met here a British guy, american, two kiwi's, a finish girl, a south-Korean who has had apparently a relationship with a Belgian girl from Leuven as well. We went to visit the mangrove, the cave, a fish farm, eagle feeding,.... The next day we went island hopping to white sand beaches and a black sand beach, we went up the mountain with the cable car for the beautiful stunning view. The last day we went snorkeling at the coral riff between little sharks and a sand fish who kept biting me to protect his territory. Yesterday was my last day here and we just relaxed at the beach. Every evening we went for a drink at the beach and watch the sunset, smoke a shisha, listen to music... really a nice relaxing experience which I really needed after my fast travelling in Cambodia and Thailand. I was sick at the end of Thailand but here I got better. Today I'm leaving to Penang and I'm really sad about leaving but I'm curious about the rest of Malaysia.

see you soon,

kisses,

vina

No comments:

Post a Comment