Hallo,
After my amazingly lay-back relaxing week at Pulau Langkawi I needed to go forward and restart traveling. I took the ferry to Penang which is an island to the continent. Penang has been governed a long time by the British, which you can still see in the architecture and some parts of the culture. I stayed in the city Georgetown which is the small capital city of Penang. I walked in a few hours all of Georgetown and viewed the buildings, temples, the fort and the museums. The national history museum was really interesting. it's also amazing to view all the religions together in harmony in Malaysia. You have mosques and churches and Buddhist temples next to each other. I took a bus to the Keh Lok Si temple which was one of the only things I actually thought was worth seeing. After that I took another bus to get to another temple with a big lying Buddha. The next morning I took the bus to Cameron Highlands.
The Cameron Highlands are stunning! It can get really cold though in the night. I had to wear my pull and two blankets to get warm, but I'm really bad against the cold. I'd rather have the heat. I went to Father guesthouse cause I thought my friends from Langkawi would be normally there waiting for me.They were not there... but I immediately met some cool Germans of course. After a few hours suddenly the woman of the guesthouse comes up to me asking me to come with her, acting secretive and all... And than I see my friends coming up to me. They hadn't been able to get in time to Ipoh to get the bus to Cameron Highlands so they had to stay a night in Ipoh. I actually arrived before them. Of course I was really glad to see them. I went for a walk to a waterfall with the Germans, although we didn't find the waterfall we had a lot of fun.The next day I booked myself a full day tour cause I hadn't got much time and wanted to view as much as possible. my friends chose the half day-tour. I had a group full of Germans, a Spanish guy and his Polish wife. In the first part of the day, we went hiking to the biggest flower in the world. We had to cross a river which was pretty funny cause you got all wet. The flower is indeed really big. After that we went to an aboriginal village which of course I critically doubt if they are that aboriginal but we could enter the houses and see how they lived. It was ok. They showed us how they hunt with blowpipes. We also had the chance to blow an arrow out of the blowpipe. I hit the target :). In the afternoon we went to visit a butterfly farm, where they also had a lot of insects, snakes and spiders. I volunteered again to have a scorpion on my hand, but suddenly he placed four other on my shoulders and neck, which I didn't really liked of course. I do have pictures of it. Luckily they didn't sting me. We saw a tea plantation and a strawberry farm as well. I had a Belgian waffle there which didn't taste at all as a Belgian waffle but still they have more in asia of Belgian than I thought. They have Tintin and the smurfs. I see everywhere the smurfs. Today I saw a girl with a smurfs T-shirt and even a smurf-Tattoo! I wanted to ask here wtf are you maybe Belgian, but I had to run for my bus so I can only guess why the hell she was so obsessed with the smurfs. The last evening of Cameron Highlands we had a really nice drink and card games and after the bars were closed we ended up eating a tandoori at 3 o clock in the night somewhere. The German smoked a lot, so I made a game out of it to steal his cigarettes and hide them, which was quite funny.
The next morning I had to get up really early to take the bus to KL and from KL to Melaka. I asked two people or that the place was where the bus came, but suddenly 5 minutes after the normal departure time a person told me I was at the wrong place. So I ran, but luckily the bus was late as well, so I got it. At KL I had to take a metro to get to the other side of town to the other bus station. There I took the bus to Melaka. I walked around in Melaka this evening and was very hungry cause I hadn't eaten anything since 7 in the morning. I had the best indian malaysian dish ever on a coconut leave. They even kept on giving me more vegetables when I had ate them all. It was only about 2 euro... don't you just got to love Asia :D. I got a tandoori bread and to little glasses with sauce. I dipped the bread in the sauce and ate it like that. After dinner the waiter tells me that it's actually a drink... oops!
Tomorrow I'll see the rest of Melaka.
Goodnight,
Vina
No comments:
Post a Comment