Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Malaysia Melaka + Kuala Lumpur

Hey,

So do you remember that I told you last time about that delicious Indian meal I ate in melaka? Well it gave me food poisoning.... joy! I was only sick for one good day, but still. I walked around Melaka for one day, I took a boot trip on the river. Melaka is really a beautiful city, also recognized by unesco. The city is crowded with several interesting museums. One museum is even located in a big ship in wood on the land. In the afternoon I got really sick and my stomach hurt so much. I got back to the hotel, but I had already checked out and I had my bus to KL only three hours later. Luckily the owner of the guesthouse was really nice and gave me a double bedroom to rest for those three hours. After that I was better and I got on my bus to KL.

I arrived pretty late in KL and I had to take the metro all over town. KL is a really big capital and it has a perfect combination of the nicest Asian architecture and culture with some western influences. When I arrived in the centre it was already dark and I knew the guesthouse couldn't be far, but there were so many streets and cars the street names had been changed since my map so I wanted to take a teksi (malaysian word for taxi). One teksi driver told me the guesthouse was further away so I had to pay more, but when I got there it was a completely other street and a hotel with too expensive rooms. I told him to get me to the guesthouse I told him, which he really tried to find and even called the guesthouse to ask the way. Long live GPS in all the taxi's in Europe. Turns out the guesthouse was at the other side of the street where the teksi had picked me up, so I was quite angry and only wanted to pay him half of what we had agreed. The next days I walked around in KL which is pretty big, but in three days you can do most of it by foot. I walked a lot though, and I was really exhausted after wards. One funny thing was that suddenly I saw helicopters, F16's, running soldiers, tanks,... for one second I feared a war or something, but than I realized it was only a parade for the independence day of Malaysia. I watched the parade for some time and it was impressive to see the whole army parading through the streets of KL.

To be honest, it is already a week ago that I was in Malaysia and so much has happened in between that I don't recall all the interesting details. I'd say look at the pictures and my stories will come again to my mind seeing pictures or talking about my travels. One thing I do remember is that I had a three hour delay of my flight from KL to Laos. The worsed thing was that the TV's and my boarding pass gave a different gate to enter. I spend most of those three hours walking from one gate to another to make sure which gate was the right one. It looked like French administration!

I'm now in laos, but I'll tell you about that later.

Kisses,

vina

No comments:

Post a Comment