Sunday, August 14, 2011

khao yai national park 12-14/08

This weekend I went to Khao Yai National Park. if you've never heared of it, most of you have already seen it on tv. The film the beach has been filmed in this park. You remember the waterfall where they jumped off to get to the drugs village? I stood at the seem spot. I would have liked to try also to jump or to swim in the waterfall, but after too many injuries and deaths, you can't anymore. It's forbidden now. it's ok, I took a night swim in the river at some other little waterfall.

The first day: Friday I took a 4 hours train to Khao Yai. I sat by coincidence on the same train with three other volunteers, alex (american/french), martin (australian/indian), and ben (british). They should have taken normally the train thursdayevening to Bangkok, but got to hear at first that the train was delayed about two hours. After two hours, they went back to the station to hear that the train already had left. They just partied untill the morning and took the train with me. But this train had also an hour and a half delay. sabai sabai in Thai means relax, take it easy. When our newspapers are screaming criticism about that our trains have even one minute delay.... This brings it more into perspective. my 4 hours ride was thanks to these guys quickly passed and a fun time. At the station the guide picked me up for the first half day tour. I went with a group with two Dutch families with children. The children were lovely, but I already have to deal with a lot of children in the week, than I'd rather relax with some more adults in the weekends. On the half day tour we went to a cave with a lot of bats. In this cave, there was a temple where monks go to pray and meditate each night. There was also a very large spider as the size of my hand. You'll never believe but I let them put it on my hand! I have proof! pictures will follow! You can really see the agony on my face. I still pulled back, but I had told the guide to just force it up on my hand. I thought it might get rid of my aragnofobia, but it only caused me two nights of nightmares about spiders. After that we went to the outside of another cave where there are 2 million bats. At  a beautiful sunset, all the bats came out of the cave together. It was magnificent to watch. After sunset I swam in a river in the dark with flashlights. really nice experience.That evening I met amy (british) and Viktoria ( lithuania). We got on really well and decided to take the full tour the next day together and to get dropped off afterwards to the campingside in the park itself.

Second day: I went on the full day tour guide with Viktoria and Amy. We just went with the songtaews with the guides. The whole day was more about seeing the animals, which was nice but sometimes borring. You'll have to wait untill everybody has seen the animals and to take pictures and to wait very long untill you actually see the animal. But it was quite good to go with the guides because they really have an eye as a hawk to find the animals. We saw monkeys, scorpions, snakes, dears, a black wild cat, a lizzard... For three hours we got split up into smaller groups to actually walk into the jungle. There was a french guy with his wife and daughter in our group. What an asshole he was! me and the other girls were talking a bit about documentaries. It's ok to ask us if we would stay quiet, but he just started screaming at us to shut the fuck up. So I just replied that he could ask it also politely. He just started screaming really discusting words to me in French so they others couldn't understand. really what an asshole and aggressive man. what an exemple he makes for his daughter, arghh Just always the great majority of french I meet are complete assholes! But the rest of the day was pretty awesome! That evening we got dropped off at the camping side where we rented a tent. We also met a group of 5 italians. That evening we put our tents together and sat with candlles talking and playing napke/ reign of fire. It was really fun with a little bit of nightswimming!

Suddenly one italian told me they had bought some drugs in Bangkok that they had with them. I couldn't believe how stupid they were to try that! I told them about all the high penalties, about arrests of tourists and getting lifesentences,... I also told them about the british guy that got arrested just for having talked with another guy who he had just met that evening at kho pha ngan. The other guy had stolen a handbag later, so he got arrested on the suspicion of beeing a lookout cause he knew the guy apparently. That convinced them to throw the drugs away. I told them to throw it away, cause if they would get got than, I could also be arrested just for being there with them in the park. The guy threw it away in the river and than game back. he said really dry: yeah I threw it away, but not the plastic bag offcourse, I mean, You can't throw away a plastic bag in a national park, can you. I laughed so hard, how stupid to consider throwing the bag in the river worse than actually bying the drugs in thailand.

The next day we took a trail by ourselves. I'll tell you about it later. I have to go.

kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment