Fridaynight my colleagues invited me to an evening out with the english teachers. First we went for a dinner in a nice restaurant with all the english teachers. Afterwards four of us went out to get some drinks and go to a club. The group joined as me (Thai name Vina), Benz (real name Mercedes), Pi Blaa, Pi Mook and Benz sister ( Roxanne or Alan). We ordered like buckets of some thai alcoholic drink with a lot of mixed ice in it. It's delicious! They told me it was pretty strong, but actually I didn't feel much, not even after three buckets of it divided by three. I'll blame it on my Belgian students blood or my experiences as an erasmus student ;) or just on the tiny thai people who can't drink much because they are so tiny and slim. While we were drinking suddenly there stood an elephant behind us. Now I already got used to it. But the first time my reaction was more like: Ow My God elephant, elephant behind you in a city! pretty embarassing while everybody around me was like, yeah so what, we see it everyday.
Benz told me that evening a story which cracked me up, and caused me to laugh a hysteric laugh for half an hour. There aren't many normal european toilets. Most of them are just like a whole and two things where you have to place your feet on to stand. Offcourse handicaped people won't be able to go to that kind of toilets so here and then, you have the normal ones. But however there are many other asian tourists who come to thailand and some of them who have never seen a european toilet. I already saw at each european toilet like a litlle board but I couldn't understand it in thai. Apparently it says: Do Not stand on the toilet!!
haha can you imagine like little japanese trying to stand on a western toilet! I still have to laugh when I imagine it. I'm one of those people who imagines everything you tell me.
Afterwards we went to a club. What a decadency! worse than in Europe, although not all clubs. It was really nice because you had all the time like live bands and dancers. But the dancers were sometimes really not that good and just halve naked. I thought you had to dress appropriately in asian countries, which apparently doesn't apply anymore to the girls here. It seemed somtimes more like London. The shorter, the better! I also saw a lot of ladieboys, which I approve of offcourse. If they are happy, ok by me. But it's still so weird to see them going to the ladiesroom as well. We were wondering why it is that there are so many of them here. I mean, I have several in my class, and who even weirs more make-up than I ever did. It's not that it's more accepted here, because in Belgium they can marry, while here homosexual marriage is still not legal. So why is it that there are so many here? Almost in every class and everytime I go out I see one. I don't mind offcourse. but it is an interesting question for psychology and social sciences.
Saturday and Sunday I went to the Elephant Village. I'll provide you with a little history of it. Mahoots are people who catch and train elephants. They went to the cities to try and earn money with the elephants, while this is really bad for their health. The Queen set up a project for the good cause to try to get all the elephants in Thailand and their mahoots to move to one village and make it into a touristic place. That way the elephants can get better treatment and the mahoots can stay in one place with their families. It is a village with elephants as their pets. They are chained at the side of the houses. They have to be chained, cause they can not just walk around. Even now apparantly every year their is one dumb tourist who thinks he can go alone to an elephant and gets killed. There are also a lot of baby elephants. Kai Mook doesn't seem so special anymore. I played with a little baby elephant :). You can see pictures on FB. I stayed there on homestay. That evening I talked with the other volunteers there who came from australia, uk, america,... It was a nice weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment